KNOW-HOW Inc., in cooperation with the Kentucky Board of EMS, offers the Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) Course. The course is approximately 160 hours in length and takes approximately 4 months to complete. The course contains classroom lecture, skill activities, and 10 hours of observation in an EMS unit. The lead instructor will arrange the location for the EMS observation. These classes will be occupied by the first paid applicants meeting KBEMS guidelines (902 KAR 13:02E).
- Be 18 years of age or older by completion of program.
- Not convicted of a felony, misdemeanor, or other crime related to ability to perform the duties of an EMT
- Not be a person who uses drugs, controlled substances, or alcohol that may affect ability to perform duties
- Hold at least a High School diploma or GED
- Understand and be able to read, speak, and write the English language on at least a High School Level.
Course fees of the EMT training program:
- Refer to the for current class tuition and, if applicable, additional fees paid to Kentucky State Treasurer required for certification. Our tuition covers American Heart CPR, HIV Program, all materials, student book, and final skills testing.
KNOW-HOW Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, or handicap in any training program offered. KNOW-HOW Inc. is responsible for providing the EMT Instructor, classroom location, supplies and necessary equipment. Questions related to eligibility, certification and recertification are the responsibility of the Kentucky Board of EMS.
Know-How, Inc. Emergency Medical Technicians Basic Training programs includes these essential elements:
- Physician Medical Control
- Experienced Lead Instructors with ‘real-world experience’.
- Over instructors have over 200 years of combined EMS and prehospital experience
Kentucky utilizes the National Registry EMT-B examination for Written & Skill Certification Testing
- Instructors are experienced in scenario based education (Current Kentucky EMT-B Training Format)
- Instructors, and Assistant Instructors are themselves National Registered EMT-Basic Or EMT-Paramedic
To secure enrollment in an upcoming EMT-B training program the applicants should:
- Fully complete and return an Class Application along with required registration payment of $100.00 Or
Contact Know-How for location, date, and time for open enrollment.